The Timeout Bags concept was formed by mum of two Alix Porter, a former Harvey Nichols Marketing Manager. Following on from her own travelling experiences with two young boys, Alix noticed a gap in the market for handpicked, wholesome and quality activity packs for kids, at an affordable price. The basic idea was to put together a more sophisticated version of a goody bag, to keep kids engaged and occupied whilst travelling, instead of relying upon IPADS which have an impact on behaviour.
WHO WE ARE
Timeout Bags are a luxury online retailer, providing wholesome activity packs for kids, crammed with healthy snacks, books, toys, games and much more. Timeout Bags provide a bespoke service for busy parents who value traditional parenting methods and screen free time. Each Timeout Bag contains:
- A 100% cotton eco-friendly drawstring bag.
- 3 healthy handpicked snacks, a pack of kids tattoos and a healthy snack rewards sticker.
- 10 activities, books, toys, crafts, games and puzzles.
- A branded reusable water bottle with handy carabiner clip.
Our eco-friendly bags represent great value for money, where combined prices are unachievable independently. Our goal is to minimise screen time and to encourage learning through play. We wish to minimise time spent on iPads and to encourage children to be creative and to use their imagination, in a fun and educational way.
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
Our reusable bags are kind to the environment and are made from recyclable cotton, which is naturally hypoallergenic. We aim to bring you a selection of the latest must-have snacks and products on the market. A portion of each bag sold is donated to UK based Charity 'Changing Faces', which helps disfigured children and adults find ways to live their lives the way they want to. In 2019 we are giving 10% of last year's profits to Changing Faces - so your money is going to a good home.
THE WINNING FORMULA
An expanding range of tried and tested toys and activities designed to entertain children in a fun and educational way. Carefully selected snacks to energise, whilst on the go. Our bags can be used whilst travelling, or simply as a treat on arrival at your destination. The excitement of the bag should not wear off, as we believe your child will want to explore their bag again once they arrive at their destination. Each bag is hand-picked according to your child's development group - we do the hard work, so you don't have to! Our stock is continually being updated and is dependant upon our retailers, so is constantly changing. Bag contents vary to those shown on our website, as our individual product stock levels are kept as low as possible.
THE KEY BENEFITS OF BUYING ONE OF OUR BAGS
The key features of our bags include:
- Made from eco-friendly cotton, which is kind to the environment and gentle on your skin.
- Each bag is handpicked and made to order.
- Our bags are handmade from 100% cotton, which is naturally soft and hypoallergenic.
- Timeout Bags are reusable, washable and do not compromise on quality.
- Our bags offer fantastic value for money - you would never be able to put the contents together for the price that we sell them to you for.
- We aim to minimise screen time, to help improve behaviour and sleep patterns whilst on the go.
- We are a unisex fashion accessory and children feel good about wearing our bags.
- We support the national curriculum, aiming to engage children in different ways.
- We support children with special needs.
- Many of our activities offer 'STEAM' qualities (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Design and Mathematics) in support of the national curriculum.
- A portion of each bag sold is given to charity at the end of the year, so you can feel good about where your money is going.
- We aim to develop your child's palate for nutritious food by introducing them to exciting new flavours.
- Our product range is continually updated and we aim to find activities that your children may not have experienced before.
- Our bags support creativity and independent play, encouraging independence so that children are made to feel part of the travel process.
- Our bags help children learn to organise their time effectively and improve their focus and concentration.
- We are cabin friendly and car seat compatible.
- We support local brands and businesses showcasing new local snack products from wholesome farming enterprises in the UK